Saturday, February 7, 2009

Home-Cook Dishes

After moving to Singapore, I miss home-cook food very very much, so much that I constantly skip dinners.
An idea came across my mind recently, and it keeps coming into my mind whenever I eat alone. A restaurant that serves home-cook dishes, simple and healthy, and definitely not oily and has to be additive-free - no 'BI SO HUN' (味精). Home-cook dishes are a luxury for someone like me who lives alone in a city where everyone does not cook meals and dine out basically.
I have been looking for places that serve something that is close to home-cook dishes. But sadly, I just can't find any. Economy rice stalls serve extremely oily food, even the stir fried choy sum is oily. :( Even the claimed-to-be-healthy Japanese food does not appeal to my appetite. Why can't someone open a restaurant that serves home-cook dishes - simple, less oil, less salt, and HEALTHY food?!
Healthy home-cook dishes. That is what I am going to serve to my customers, IF I ever have the opportunity to open my own restaurant. And one-seater dining tables specially for lonely souls to enjoy meals is a must. It is no joke that you need to spend at least 5 minutes or sometimes 20 minutes to find a seat during meal time in Singapore, and sharing tables just make me lose my appetites.
**Another dream of mines after living in the boring city for six months. :P

No comments:

Post a Comment