Tuesday, October 30, 2007

RSI

These few days I have been suffering from Repetitive Stress Injuries (RSI), which is a result of me trying to outperform at work.

Two weeks ago, I took in two cases voluntarily in order to get my year-end appraisal looks good. However, those undistributed cases are normally the 'pig's head bones', those unwanted fussy cases that will never go smooth.

It is indeed. Eventually I came back to work during the long weekend holiday, working for a total of approximately 14 hours.

The past weekend, I wasn't working, luckily. Thinking that a good rest during the weekend will help me wash away all the tiredness, however, it didn't work the way I expected it to be.

On Friday's night, coming back from work, I felt numb on my arms, though it was not severe. Saturday, the day I thought I could relax and study, the numbness became more severe. Finally Sunday reached, the pain increased till I was hardly to lift my arms.

Today, it is Monday. The pain is so severe that I felt like my fingers weren't mine when I was riding on my way to work. At work, I could hardly type or rest my hands on the desk for more than 20 minutes.

This is RSI, pals. So, don't ever try to outperform at work. The only outcome of that is you will experience pains that you can't afford.

No comments:

Post a Comment