Saturday, October 11, 2008

HSBC Tree Top Walk

Finally I have something to write about my adventure in Singapore after staying here for two months. This is the first time I've done something totally new in my life – jungle trekking with new friends that I've never met with before, and there were ten of them. Today, I went jungle trekking with ten new friends who I've not met with before. Last week, my Chinese colleagues invited me to go jungle trekking with them. At first, I thought they will bring some of their friends together. Eventually, some of them have not met with each other at all, and most of them know each other through online forums and traveling trips. Never in my life I get to know so many new friends at a time. It's a totally new experience for me. I've never imagine myself jungle trekking with so many first-met friends. I start to enjoy the life of being home and away. I wish I have joined my colleagues for weekends activities long before. It's so comfy staying home with family members, but I shall never have this experience if I have not come here alone. The trekking path was not as challenge as the easiest one in Penang, but it's a precious one as I get to know ten new friends at a time, and most of them are from China, one from Hong Kong and another from Taiwan. This gives me an opportunity to learn what globalization is. Most of them have been to so many places and they are adventurous. The guy from Hong Kong is an adventurous one, he has experienced diving, skiing, mountain climbing, etc. and is planning to hike Kilimanjaro in Africa. This is the most enjoyable Saturday I have since I stepped into Singapore. I'm looking forward to more adventurous weekends with these new friends of mine. ;)
04/10/08, Saturday






2 comments:

  1. :) That's great. Good to know that you no longer feel so bored. Mixing with people makes the difference. Anyway, sorry I've not been able to connect you with my friends over there yet. Hmm... maybe my age group friends are not really suitable also coz most r married di. Hehe! Let me see whether they've younger bro/sis there or not.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! How come you don't update your blog one? Write something la! Haha! I'm your faithful reader leh...

    P/S: You can imagine how sien I am at home with two kids! Hehe!

    ReplyDelete